Saber Drafting System
We are delighted to announce that we are now collaborating with Saber (LIC Automation) to provide a simple two-way or three-way automated drafting system in Ireland. LIC is a Farm Automation company from New Zealand which is adding to our already extensive New Zealand product range of Prattley and Tru-Test.
Saber is LIC Automation’s range of farm automation and sensor technologies that empower you to do what you do better. Saber provides an extra pair of hands during peak drafting periods like mating and dry off.
Saber provides a range of farm automation modules that allow you to build a system that suits your farm. Saber draft can act as a standalone system or can connect together with Saber SCC and Saber Heat.
When you install Saber Draft you’ll enjoy:
- Simple automated two-way or three-way drafting gate
- Robust system that takes the hassle out of drafting
- Easy to use software that works on your phone/tablet
- A great entry into automation that has the ability to grow with your farm
- Real time confirmation that drafts are occurring
- Remote control for instant drafting of cows with no EID tags
- Simple reports such as missing cows and cows drafted
- A low level of computer literacy and training required to get the system up and running
Identification is carried out via an antenna at the drafting gate using the cow’s RFID ear tag. Ear tags are located in the animal’s right ear, and unique to each cow. Care must be taken when designing the yard layout, as cow flow can be impacted severely if careful thought is not given prior to install.
It is also possible to add Saber SCC or Saber Heat to your Drafting System.
Saber Heat automatically identifies standing heats by reading Saber heat patches.
Cows are automatically drafted when the Saber heat patch is activated or missing. Cows can then easily be inspected for Artificial Insemination (AI).
When you install Saber Heat you’ll enjoy:
- Automatic identification of standing heats via an activated or missing Saber heat patch
- Automatic drafting of cows that are identified with an activated or missing Saber heat patch
- Easy identification of non-cyclers for corrective action
- Easier mating allowing you to extend AB and reduce or eliminate the use of live bulls
- Simple suite of reports with previous heat information to aid mating decisions
How Saber Heat Works:
- The Saber booth is installed before the Saber drafting gate.
- As cows exit the dairy shed they walk through the Saber booth and a photo is taken of their Saber heat patch
- If a Saber heat patch is detected as activated or missing, the cow is automatically drafted (either straight away or at your specified milking).
- After milking, reports are available with previous heat information enabling informed decision making on whether to put a cow up for AI.
Saber SCC sensors are automated, in-line sensors that provide you with a live SCC result within two minutes of cupping the cow. Software on your phone or tablet allows you to record SCC results against cows, without the need for a herd identification system. It couldn’t be easier!
When you install Saber SCC you’ll enjoy:
- SCC results displayed live on your phone/tablet.
- Early warning of clinical and sub-clinical mastitis.
- Improved bulk SCC management.
- Extended milking seasons due to improved selection of cows for dry off.
- Increased profitability.
Saber SCC sensors work in both rotary and herringbone parlours and with or without an electronic animal identification system.
How it works:
Saber SCC measures SCC by measuring the DNA released from somatic cells in the milk. The amount of DNA released is directly proportional to the number of somatic cells in the milk. Saber SCC does not measure conductivity or some other part of the milk as it is not an accurate measure of true SCC levels.
Saber SCC mounts directly onto the milk-line. The long milk hose is connected to Saber SCC prior to the milk-line inlet. Saber SCC will automatically collect a small sample of milk approximately 30 seconds after activation. Saber SCC then mixes the sample with a specially designed reagent, CellGel™, to get the accurate SCC reading.
For more information on the Saber Drafting rage please do not hesitate to contact us on 021-7334066 or [email protected]