Closing date for applications is 22 February 2019
The Beef Environmental Efficiency Pilot (BEEP Scheme) will target the weaning efficiency of suckler cows and calves – measuring the live weight of the calf at weaning as a percentage of the cow’s live weight. Building on the Beef Data and Genomics Programme, the data collected will also be a valuable addition to Ireland’s already impressive cattle breeding database.
The funding available will allow for payment equivalent of up to a maximum of €40 per calf, with a funding provision of €20m for 2019. Payments will be made in December 2019
To ensure the timely receipt of an application DAFM recommends that applications for BEEP should be made using the Department’s online services at www.agfood.ie however, application forms are available from Beef Schemes Section in Portlaoise and can be contacted on 076 1064420 or email@example.com.
Here are some of the basic requirements and information you will need.
.1 – All calves must have been born between 01st July 2018 and 30th June 2019
.2 – Unweaned live calf and dam must be weighed on the applicants holding on the same day.
.3 – Weights must be submitted between March 8th and 01st November 2019 in accordance with Annex 1.
.4 – Only weighing scales registered and used in accordance with the requirements of Annex 1 may be used. The serial number on the indicator and load bar are required for this.
.5 – Owned, Borrowed or third-party service provided scales must be registered on www.icbf.com
If you own a scales and plan to use or lend it to another person for the purpose of BEEP, then you must per-register the scales before the weight is recording event.
To register a scale, go onto www.icbf.com
- Name and address of the owner of scales
- Scales manufacturer
- Indicator model
- Indicator serial number
- Year of purchase
(Not all scales will qualify if not deemed up to standard or inaccurate)
TruTest is your best option for the BEEP Scheme.
Why Weigh with a TruTest Package?
- Weighing replaces guesswork with facts, making it a powerful performance measurement tool for farmers.
- The information provided by Tru-Test weigh scale indicators assist critical decision making about feed, health treatments and herd size management.
- On its own, weighing is a valuable addition to any farmers operation. With electronic identification (EDI), maximise the potential of the weigh data collected.
- EID means individual animals can be tracked through their entire life cycle.