O’Donovan Engineering is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
O’Donovan Engineering may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from March 1st, 2012. Update in compliance with EU directive on GDPR may 25th 2018
How O’Donovan’s will use your information
Your data will be used for: processing your order, managing your account, personalising your user experience of our website.
Your Information will NOT be shared with external companies. It will only be internally used for account creation and management purposes. Customer’s information will be stored on our encrypted CRM system for account management, which is password protected.
- Realex: is our payment gateway which handles your card payments. Realex is PCI compliant. Realex is responsible for data protection associated with card payments.
- Mail-Chimp: should you choose to sign up for the ODEL newsletter, please be aware that from time to time we will contact you by e-mail with offers, marketing and industry information.
Data Request process: located on our contact page, under Enquiry.
- If a request is entered, the person’s data in question will be contacted and the data requested will be processed on confirmation of the request with that individual.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- name and address
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers codes
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided if you have opted in.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us or unsubscribing.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us or uses our data request form on the contact page.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the website email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.