Dehorning crate makes dehorning calves a safe and easy process for both animal and handler. This crate has an integrated wheel and handles for easy transportation. This crate has a quick release feature for added safety.
- Integrated wheel and handle for easy transportation.
- Flop frame and Paddle Push up for added safety.
- Quick release for added safety
- Fully hot-dip galvanised
Dehorning Best Practice
What is the best age to disbud calves?
Where practical, calves should be disbudded while horn development is still at the horn bud stage as the horn buds are not yet attached to the skull. Consequently, the procedure involves less tissue trauma and is less stressful. Disbudding is significantly less stressful than dehorning older cattle.
• Use a cauterisation method (i.e. a heated disbudding iron) to remove the horn buds.
• A custom-built calf dehorning crate will minimise stress to the calf and ensure optimum safety to the operator
Intracare’s Intra Repiderma Spray is antibiotic-free Repiderma, effective skincare for animals. Cattle farmers, hoof trimmers and veterinarians can now work without antibiotics. Intra Repiderma is the protective hoof and dermal spray that gives visible results after the 1st day and is safe to use for the farmer, the animal, and the environment.
At O’Donovan Engineering, our motto is “quality and innovation give us the edge” – and this is the standard we hold ourselves to. With over 40 years’ experience in the market, we have the solutions to make your farm work for you.
Tom Ryan, Teagasc, Kildalton”
Good handling facilities are essential. Routine handling is necessary for dosing, vaccination, condition scoring, herd testing, etc. “Handling Facilities by
An efficient carefully planned handling unit will:
- Reduce labour requirements
- Improve working conditions
- Reduce the risk of injury to both stock and the farmer