Electronic Plate Meter EC-09
Plate Meters monitor pasture growth, calculate pasture and dry matter and help to create effective feed budgets. We offer three Plate meter tools, ranging from basic electronic readers, to Bluetooth capable models, which include software and tools for accurate grass measurement and management.
- Electronic Plate Meter – Automatically records readings and calculates pasture cover.
- Pasture Management Software – Makes feed budgeting quick, easy and accurate.
- Visual Data Display Only – Displays data for a single paddock.
- Accurate Measurement – Second only to cutting, drying and weighing pasture samples.
- Integrated Counter Case – Protects the potentiometre, less to go wrong, less maintenance required.
- Measurement Range – 0-400mm of compressed pasture height when the extension shaft is fitted.
- Hand-calibrated – Ensures readings taken by all plate meters are comparable.
- Reliable – High quality materials and accurate manufacturing ensure reliability and long service life.
- Repairable – Without changing reading accuracy, allowing new results to be compared to old.
- 12 month warranty
Why Measure Grass?
The potential to achieve high levels of productivity from grazed grass gives Irish farmers a major
competitive advantage over many of our European and global counterparts.
Existing research clearly show that farms that grow more grass have lower costs and higher profits.
On average, the cost of producing 1 kg of live weight gain or 1 kg of milk solids from grazed grass is
80% to 85% less when compared with an intensive concentrate-based system.