Electronic Plate Meter EC-10
The EC-10 Electronic Plate Meter automatically records each reading and displays a number of samples taken, average pasture height and cover. Data for up to 99 paddocks can be stored in the EC-10 and downloaded via the USB cable.
- Electronic Plate Meter – Automatically records readings and calculates pasture cover.
- Pasture Management Software – Makes feed budgeting quick, easy and accurate.
- Internal Data Storage & USB Transfer – Stores data for up to 99 paddocks, download via USB cable.
- Accurate Measurement – Second only to cutting, drying and weighing pasture samples.
- Integrated Counter Case – Protects the potentiometer, less to go wrong, less maintenance required.
- Measurement Range – 0-250mm of compressed pasture height (0-400mm with option extended shaft).
- Hand-calibrated – Ensures readings taken by all plate meters are comparable.
- Reliable – High-quality materials and accurate manufacturing ensure reliability and long service life.
- Repairable – Without changing reading accuracy, allowing new results to be compared to old.
- 12-month warranty
Why Measure Grass?
The potential to achieve high levels of productivity from grazed grass gives Irish farmers a major
competitive advantage over many of our European and global counterparts.
Existing research clearly show that farms that grow more grass have lower costs and higher profits.
On average, the cost of producing 1 kg of live weight gain or 1 kg of milk solids from grazed grass is
80% to 85% less when compared with an intensive concentrate-based system.