Midi creep feeder
The midi creep feeder can clip on to a gate or be bolted to a wall. There is a crow flap to help prevent feed from being accessed by birds and to protect feed from harsh weather conditions. There is a hinged cover for easy filling of the hopper and has an adjustable flow rate.
Advantages of Creep Feeding
- Weaning weights are increased. Producers can expect 30 to 60 pounds of added gain with creep feeding. It usually takes 8 to 12 pounds of grain to produce one pound of added gain. However, feed conversions (pounds of creep per pound of added gain) can range from 5:1 to 30:1 with grain-based creep feeds.
- Calves which have been creep fed usually suffer less setback at weaning and tend to adapt to feedlot rations quicker than calves which have not been creep fed.
- Milk is an important source of nutrients for the nursing calf. Herds with low milk production or high numbers of first-calf heifers or aged cows may benefit the most from creep feeding.
For smaller groups why not look at the mini creep feeder.
- 1m wide
- 30kg Empty weight to allow easy movement
- Hopper capacity 25kg
- Adjustable flow rate
- Galvanised calf ad-lib feeder