Stainless Steel fixed cattle drinker trough 2ft 40 Litres
Cattle drinker Features:
- Drain off Bung
- Wall Mounting
- Protection available
- Fast fill Hansen ball valve
Also available Stainless Steel Fixed Water drinker Trough 1.25 Meters 80 Litres
Hansen Max-Flo Valve
- High-performance tank valve 29 psi, 570 Litres per minute
- Suitable for bottom or top entry
- Manufactured from strong, non-corrosive UV stabilised materials
- Suitable for high/low pressure operations from 0.2 bar to 12 bar
- Max-Flo diaphragm valve is supplied with the complete valve body, adapters, adjustable extension arm, 100mm blue flanged float and 650mm cord
Water plays a key role in milk production, control of body temperature and many other body functions in dairy cattle. Water intake, availability and quality are often overlooked. Generally, cows only drink in short bouts (7-12 times a day) during which they consume a total of between 10 to 20 litres of water.
As a rule of thumb with beef cattle, consumption will range from 1 gallon per 100 pounds of body weight during cold weather to nearly 2 gallons per 100 pounds of body during the hottest weather. Lactating cows require nearly twice as much water compared to dry cows.