Stainless Steel Fixed Water Trough 1.25M
This 1.25-meter stainless steel fixed water trough is long-lasting, rustproof which can be easily cleaned for better hygienic. 80 Litres, Fast fill Hansen ball valve
Our fixed 1.25-meter water trough also comes in a flipping mode.
Hansen Max-Flo Valve
- High-performance tank valve 29 psi, 570 Litres per minute
- Suitable for bottom or top entry
- Manufactured from strong, non-corrosive UV stabilised materials
- Suitable for high/low pressure operations from 0.2 bar to 12 bar
- Max-Flo diaphragm valve is supplied with the complete valve body, adapters, adjustable extension arm, 100mm blue flanged float and 650mm cord
Water plays a key role in milk production, control of body temperature and many other body functions in dairy cattle. Water intake, availability and quality are often overlooked. Generally, cows only drink in short bouts (7-12 times a day) during which they consume a total of between 10 to 20 litres of water.
As a rule of thumb with beef cattle, consumption will range from 1 gallon per 100 pounds of body weight during cold weather to nearly 2 gallons per 100 pounds of body during the hottest weather. Lactating cows require nearly twice as much water compared to dry cows.
Hugh MacEneaney, Teagasc Dairy Adviser, Mullinavat, Co Kilkenny
“Good facilities allow farmers to expand production and incomes and add to the asset value of the farm. They also lead to a better quality of life for the farm family by reducing the workload and the drudgery. In many cases, particularly on dairy farms, buildings pay for themselves over a 7-10 year period. This is especially true when capital grant and tax savings are available.”